Skip to main content

Acceptable Forms of Identification

Identification Requirements

  • Primary Photo ID - One (1) form of Primary ID is required. May be expired up to 3 yrs.
  • Secondary ID – Two (2) forms of Secondary IDs are required and at least one must show a current address. Certificates issued based on secondary IDs will be mailed to the current address demonstrated on the identification.
Primary Photo ID Secondary Photo ID
  • U.S. Issued Driver’s license or Identification card
  • Foreign Issued Passport with Visa (I-94)
  • United States of America B1/B2 Visa/Border Crossing Card – Form DSP-150
  • Government issued Military photo ID (VA photo ID included)
  • Tribal Photo Identification Card containing the bearer’s signature
  • Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (SDA) License or OK Concealed Carry permit
  • Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
  • Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766)
  • Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
  • Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
  • Oklahoma Dept of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC) – must be presented in person
  • Oklahoma public, private, or parochial secondary school (subject must be age 19 or younger)
  • Oklahoma institute of higher education
  • Oklahoma technology center school
  • Pay stub or W2
  • Bank statement or utility bill with name and current address
  • Social Security card (must be signed) or SSA record earnings statement with current address
  • US Selective Service Card
  • Copy of official police report related to the theft of ID with name and current address
  • School photo identification along with  a report card or other proof of current enrollment
  • Oklahoma lifetime hunting or fishing license
  • Marriage certificate (Certified English Translation, if applicable)
  • Separation or divorce judgment
  • Car registration, title or security verification form issued to the applicant with current address
  • Benefit statements from DHS, WIC or SSA that show name and current address
  • Non-Oklahoma DOC ID cards IF also provide release/discharge papers showing name and current address
  • Official Change of Address Notice letters from United States Postal Service (USPS)
  • Voter’s Registration Card that shows a current name and address
  • Oklahoma Dept. of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC) – if not presented in person [Note: If the subject of the record is currently incarcerated, application should be made through the DOC Case Manager.]

All identification may be subject to verification with the issuing authority

Contact Information

Vital Records Service
Oklahoma State Department of Health
PO Box 248964
Oklahoma City, OK 73124-8964

Phone: (405) 426-8880